Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SUPERNOVA

Sorry about the lateness of the post. Life outside Those Wednesdays getting the better of me. Never fret though, I'm not about to go on another "break". Like that condition you're embarassed to tell your doctor about...I'm here to stay. Today I’m going to talk about something that is related to the world of comics, but not in the world of comics. I’m going to talk about Heroclix.

For those you unfamiliar with Heroclix, it’s a game put out by Wizkids. You build a team using figurines based on popular comic characters and fight them. Before you scoff about its nerdiness, remember you are reading a comic blog.

Today the newest expansion set hits retailers. “Supernova,” arguably the most hyped set in months, showcases such great characters as Thanos, Hyperion, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull and this guy.



That’s right, the freaking Red Ghost. Can you believe it? Has Heroclix gone through so many Marvel characters that we are left with redone-clix or “Z-list” villains? With eleven Marvel sets under our belts, I think we all know the answer. I mean come on! With that red jumpsuit/fur lined parka combo the guy looks more like a bad guy from a 70’s TV show than a super villain. “You’ll never stop me Col. Steve Austin, these stylish periwinkle boots allow me to out run you and six million dollar powers.”

See what I mean? All that is missing is his genetically altered monkeys. Oh wait…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home