Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Many faces of Booster Gold Pt. 2



The next stop on our little look at Booster Gold is February of '87. Booster has got himself his trademark suit of blue and yellow, those fancy goggles of his and a popped collar. I'm not saying this is the best fashion choice but Booster has always kind of struck me as the frat boy of the DCU. Can't you just see Guy Gardner saying, "Dude, I thought I was good but that Booster is the king of the JLA keg stand. A day and half, he is a machine!"

Anyway, so Booster dons this suit and flies around. He fights some super villains, he saves some ladies and he....



BECOMES A FREAKING PERVERT. Booster man, I don't know how they do it in the 27th century or whenever you are from but in the late 80's women really didn't appreciate having some guy take a peek at them while hovering at ceiling height. I should know I pulled my fair share of Cruise moves on a sorority or two in my day. You might be a superhero and all but that won't stop you from getting a well manicured backhand.

Also, I don't mean to quibble but I'm not sure that I would call that particular angle on someone, we'll call it the "taint" angle, a "nice view". Again, beauty could have changed a lot from now to the 2480 or whatever but somehow I don't it has changed that much. If I were you I would try to keep this meta-peeping incident under the rug or it might keep those big wigs over at DC from allowing you your big come back and you will find yourself at the back table of some dingy bar slugging back cans of Sparks with Hammer and Anvil .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home