Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Big One Zero Zero

So I’ve hit 100 posts, which I guess is not that huge an accomplishment. At a post a day that’s not even a third of a year. However, with the start-stop-start pace this blog has had, 100 feels like a big deal. So I want to say thanks to everyone who consistently makes comments, that’s what keeps me doing this. Well that and I like to read my own words.

I had big plans for this post. Things like finally putting up that Battle of Metropolis post that I’ve been working on. Unfortunately, a chunk of my thesis is coming due and I haven’t had a moment to take my notes from the battle and make it into a coherent read. So instead I open with a contest.

I’m finally going to get a banner for this site. I’ve been told by other bloggers that a banner really adds something to a blog. I’m not sure what that something is but by golly I want it. So I’ve been trying to come up with a catchy slogan, a line that really says, “That’s what Those Wednesdays is all about.” I had this:

WHERE MAN-CHILDREN COME TO PLAY!

However, that made me worry that people would take the blog as some sort of NAMBLA affiliate. So if you can come up with a snappy Those Wednesdays slogan that would be awesome. The winner will get mad props and see their catchphrase every time they visit this site.

Also, on an unrelated note, we’re recording another podcast tonight with special guest panelist, Tori Tyree of the Big Monkey Comics Women’s Discussion group. I still need Lightning Round Questions and a Dramatic Reading or two. So if you’ve got them, send to Thosewednesdays@gmail.com by 6:00 PM EST.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rambo said...

The House Of Pretension.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Nate said...

Home on the Strange

3:46 PM

 
Blogger Devon Sanders said...

Those Wednesdays: Reclaiming Fun One Post At A Time!

5:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a repetitive thing on your banner. I'm Xanaxed out right now but if you do something like 'those comics..., those memories...' in smaller type at the top with 'those wednesdays' below much bigger I think it'd be neat. Or it could be the Xanax.

2:19 AM

 
Blogger Jon Hex said...

"Put On Your Foil Hats, Kids!"

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Nate said...

Those Wednesdays: Breaking It Down

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home