Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Least Effective Advertisement Ever

I don’t know about you guys, but I love the advertisements in the middle of comics. It’s fascinating to see not only what marketers think they can sell to us comic readers, but also the best way to get us interested. Now, I can’t remember off the top of my head any instance where I have seen an add and been like, “Holy cow, I need to buy that.” I can, however, remember instances where an advertisement has not worked. The most recent would be this taken from the pages of The All-New Atom:


Apparently, Hunger, with it’s muscle man arm, wants to remove a hot dog that you have already eaten from your stomach and make you eat it again. Hunger is a bastard. Hunger is a jerk. Just to spite Hunger, I will never eat a hot dog again. No matter how many chain wallets I may have or how stoned I look. That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Hex said...

Think of all the money you will save for new chain wallets and more weed. Take that, Ballpark! Or whoever was selling hot dogs!

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home