Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

I Call Foul

O.k., so you guys know me, and you know that I love comics. I especially love DC Comics. There is something about the characters and world and the Multiverse that just lends itself to good storytelling. I’m not saying that everything DC does is gold but ultimately I really respect their goals for the comics and their company. I defend the five-year, three act plan. I honestly believe, for the most part, that what we are seeing on the page is part of some larger scheme. Hell, I even defend Countdown. For all its flaws and weaknesses I have enjoyed the series week in and week out.

However, it’s crap like this that makes me start to wonder. That makes me worried that DC is just winging it. That makes me worry that there is not inter-company communication going on, that this big plan is going to fall apart.

What is the crap am I talking about?

If you click here and head over to DC Arena site you’ll notice the ballot for the Wonder Woman choices. You have Wonder Woman of Earth-21, Wonder Woman of Earth-18 (that’s the one I voted for) and then you have the Wonder Woman of Earth-34.

Um…Earth-34 isn’t that the Forerunner Earth? Let’s go over to Monitor Muttonchops to make sure.


Yep, I’m right. Sure it is a very little thing. However, the sort of crossover and world readjustment that DC is attempting requires an A-game. These sorts of mess-ups are not indicative of a group of people who are on the ball.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Yo, you've got an extraneous "http://" at the front of the ballot link right now.

Also, I like how two of the Green Lantern options are new and one of them is Batman, like GL's never popped up in an Elseworlds before.

10:08 AM

 
Blogger Nate said...

This is the kind of thing that's going to make me hate the Multiverse again and wish for another Crisis of Infinite Earths. The original Crisis was for a reason.

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Nate said...

..and I'm calling foul on the arena.

Why are we given choices of characters that have never appeared in books before? That's BS

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Siskoid said...

Completely, Gyuss.

As for the main post, I don't know anything about Forerunner or her Earth (I'm skipping that whole thing). It's not possible that Amazonia occurs in that Earth's past?

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Jon Hex said...

I assume Monarch is going to drug these people in some way, because all of these versions are heroes in their universes, and Monarch has only so far been shown taking "evil" versions.

1:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the polls mean they don't have it planned out, after all, do you really think it matters which alternate universe Geoforce Monarch recruits? It's not like they're asking whether they should kill another Flash, or Supergirl, this crisis. It's just a way to get some more people to pay attention.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Jon Hex said...

-anonymous

Ben is talking about the Earth numbering, not the polls.

11:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The record keeping doesn't bother me nearly as much as the horrendous ART they're going to be using for Countdown: Arena! Gak! Will it be the same guy who's done the website art? Pukadelic!

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home