Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Kicking It Off

Hey 88s-

First things first - he eleventh Big Monkey Podcast is up. It brings the fun in. There are lots of poignant and intelligent comments made on Blue Beetle mixed in with a fair amount of laughing. Plus our guilty pleasures. Click on over.

So now a slight confession, I lied when I said “Hey 88s.” The 88s have become the 75s. Seems like I’ve lost some readers. Not that I blame them, I have been kind of phoning it in for the last few weeks. You know thesis and all that. BUT NO MORE!! I’m back and I’ve got some plans. So stayed tuned for the “Those Wednesdays Week of Worst Plot Devices” kicking off tomorrow. I’ll then wrap everything up with the “Six Degrees of Darkseid” post. You’ll para-dig it so don’t change that channel.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

I'll always be there for you Ben! Just like that time that hooker died in your apartment and you didn't know what to do.

Thank goodness I always keep a shovel, a hacksaw, and drop cloths in my car at all times.

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Nate said...

Oh geez, the disinformation on the death of Iron first makes me sad.

Iron Fist was beaten to death on the hands of a child superhero who disentegrated, and Luke Cage was blamed because they'd had a public spat earlier in the day.

I shall now retire to my nerd lair.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger JYD said...

Please don't stop calling us the 88s. It makes me feel like I'm in a gang.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Joe - fourhman.com said...

Question for the lightning round: You guys have freely mentioned crying during reading comics, but have you ever caught yourself humming background music while reading comics?

I don't mean picking music to listen to while reading, I mean sitting in a quiet room and actually humming your own kickass soundtrack from panel to panel.

I do.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger lou said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:03 PM

 
Blogger lou said...

A great podcast. It's like you guys were stalking me, doing two segments on two of my favorite books.

My one gripe is that Jaime is Mexican. His name is pronounced Hi-may, not Jaymee.

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Benhatt said...

Nate-

I bow to your mighty Iron Fist knowledge I'm swinging all my Wikipedia research by you from now on.

And thanks for that hooker thing as well.

JYD-

No sweat. It'll still be the 88s. Excellent post on Captain America by the way.

Lou-

You are totally right. I never put it together. It is Hi-may from now on.

6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home