Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Who’s That Girl?

I’m not sure if you guys remember or not but at the end of my “I’ve Got A Theory” post I said, “All I’m saying is if Countdown turns out to be a heroclix game between Darkseid and Mister Mxyzptlk I’m done.” Well, right in the opening pages of the series we got this:



Am I done? Of course not. Who was I kidding? There were a couple things that struck me about the board: Killer Croc and Sleez of course. However, the thing that really got me was this:


A red head wearing a long jacket and a scarf? Right smack dab in the middle of the board no less. I have no idea who that girl is…but I’ve got a theory. In fact it was kind of staring me in the face the whole time. Look at the cover for the first issue of Booster Gold, which we know will have major resonance for Countdown.


Now, on the Eight of Diamonds you will see a red head with a very similar hair cut but sporting a very different outfit. That woman is none other than Trixie Collins, Booster’s one time assistant and bearer of the Goldstar mantle. Eventually, Trixie would pass the suit over to Michelle Carter, Booster’s sister, and leave his employment. Since that time, Trixie has been seen managing Metropolis’ nightclubs but for the most part stayed off the superhero radar. However, with the ripples of Countdown affecting even the most minor of characters, with Booster taken a front and center role, it is not inconceivable that Trixie will play an important part as things unfold.

I for one am all for it. I mean just look at this chutzpah.


What do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I think it looks like Holly Robinson from Catwoman. DC did say she would play an important role in Countdown.

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Siskoid said...

Aww too bad, cuz I loved Trixie.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Jon said...

Jimmy Olsen hitting the old disguise kit, I think.

Okay, probably not, but it ain't like the guy doesn't have a history of convincingly passing as a red-heading girl.

9:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God, Booster Gold has Rob Liefeld Tiny Foot Syndrome!

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home