Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Importance of Being Booster

O.k. so I know I’ve dogged out Booster Gold on this blog before (here and here.) I will most likely call him out again. I mean come on; fighting the good fight or not he is still kind of a doof.


However, do not let these jokes suggest that I do not understand the character’s role in the DCU.

Booster Gold was the first character introduced Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths. He traveled from the future, a bright new future where anything cold happen, to stake his claim in the new singular Earth. He was DC’s claim on what was to come in their comics. All tied up in the smug grin of Michael Carter. I won’t go into the fact that he took his hits from Doomsday with the best of them. I won’t go into the fact that he lost his sister while fighting the 1000. I will put up these:





This panel comes from Booster Gold #25, which was smack dab right in the middle of DC’s Millennium crossover. Millennium was DC’s first major weekly crossover post-COIE. It dealt with the last Oan trying to put together a new group of Guardians of the Universe. The Chosen would lead humanity in their next stage of evolution; would lead humanity to immortality. Apparently, Booster is their descendant. “Who remembers this nonsense?” you ask. Well, the Steve Wacker said in the very first 5.2 About 52, “Go out and pick up some issues of his old series while you're picking up 52 this week.” So apparently, the 52 writers remember this stuff. Sure it was a shameless plug but maybe something much more.

I’m going to digress for just a second. Originally, there was supposed to be twelve Chosen but that was back then so who knows how many there are now…52 perhaps? Booster leading the charge perhaps? Millennium’s twenty year anniversary is this year and we know how DC love’s anniversaries,

With his own title kicking off very shortly, Booster is back, front and center. I will leave off with this. At first I thought:


Meant these guys.





Maybe it means this guy.


2 Comments:

Blogger Siskoid said...

You keep making damn good arguments.

9:48 AM

 
Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Booster! *sigh*I am so looking forward to his new book. I'm just glad that he's actually important in the grand scheme of things.

Now...if they would just bring back Ted Kord.

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home