Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Crazy 88s

So, I've been writing this blog for about a year and a half now. Not continuously, of course. There has been more than one extended absence. I would say I've done it pretty much non-stop for 6 months - 26 weeks - 180 or so days. It has been pretty exhausting at times. I mean it's tough being creative enough to come up with a post where I talk about bubble hands (scroll down it's at the bottom).

What do I have to show for this commitment? 88 average hits a day.

That's awesome.

For real.

I might not get the most hits in the world but the fact that 88 people (or 44 people checking twice a day, or 11 people checking four times a day, or one person who is just clicking like mad) visit my blog is pretty great. As a wiser man than I said, "Ben, if you were a business and you had the same 88 customers coming in every day to buy what you were selling you would be doing pretty well." He's absolutely right. I feel like John Grisham.

So thanks to you dedicated and crazy 88 readers that take the time out of your day to read my random thoughts and opinions.

10 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Speaking solely for myself, no problem, Ben.

You often have fascinating ideas and the great thing about a "smaller" blog is the author can take the time to answer his audiences comments.

So thanks to you, too.

8:08 PM

 
Blogger Baal said...

Yeah, sorry about coming to your blog eighty eight times a day. I'll try to cut back a little.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Siskoid said...

I'd imagine the Big monkey podcast should help strengthen those numbers in the near future. At least I hope so, since your theories are most interesting (sometimes more than the comics that spawned them!)

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Cameltrooper said...

On a side note Ben, I finally picked up the two Blue Beetle trades. Been digging 'em so far. Started a little slow but I feel myself getting hooked.

5:06 PM

 
Blogger vidsaw said...

It is a pleasure to read your Blog.

Thank you for writing it!

7:03 PM

 
Blogger Nate said...

I never read your blog. I'm just here for the pictures.

10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your perceptive writing. I especially like the times you make sense of the DC "big plan" from 52/Countdown/Final Crisis/etc.

You're the best at that on the Web.

5:11 AM

 
Blogger Benhatt said...

To the 88s-

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It certainly wasn't why I put up the post but it feels pretty good to get compliments. Again thanks for checking

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Rambo said...

Nice "Chasing Amy" quote.

3:40 PM

 
Blogger lordscarlet said...

I wonder if that even counts the people that often read from an aggregator, but don't visit the site? (like me)

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home